Glencoe's Castle

Across from the train station on Glencoe Drive, the still-fine old mansion known as “The Castle” is one of Glencoe’s stateliest homes. Built in 1876, it is closely tied to some of the village’s founding residents. It also is a leading example of sensitive historic preservation.

Come to the library on November 7th at 7:30 p.m. and join Glencoe architect Scott Javore for an insider’s view of this remarkable structure and how it rose and fell—and rose again!—over the years. He will discuss early Glencoe history, how the lives of the first owners of the Castle are woven into village history, and the extensive renovation that restored the home’s detailing and character.

 
Comments List

Archive posts

Collapse all